Tuesday 27 March 2018

Cease Remaking Films! Adapt These Books Into Movies Instead…

With the recent statements of this Ghostbusters “movie”/reboot and the trailer for the movie of Poltergeist, I’ve seen a great deal of people outraged. While I am not outraged, I just want that Hollywood would bring out more first thoughts. And yes, I know that it’s about money and generating. But there are TONS of great books out there, especially with the development of publishing.

Here’s a list of 5 books which I would like to see made into movies:

This one has actually been rumored for many years and that I find myself searching on Google every few days for news because these are my favourite novels of all time. Ron Howard gets the film rights, and it’s been very close to production many times. Many celebrities are tied to this, also Howard has an amazing idea of needing to film the series finished 3-4 movies with a television show involving the release of each film.  

Rumors of Netflix and HBO being interested at the series have popped up, but Howard has not managed to have a studio to create the movies.

These novels would translate well to movies! And with Matthew McConaughey already casted as Randall Flagg at The Stand (Flagg is also the principal villain during The Dark Tower series), he would be perfect for these movies!

Do it, Ron Howard! Please! 

With the rise in fame for zombie movies, Slow Burn  will be perfect!

Author Bobby Adair requires a slightly different spin on zombies in this book collection, and it would make for a great, fast paced model. Along with also the lead character, Zed, are a good deal of fun to watch on screen! Plus, I am Texan and would love to find a zombie film in Texas. Just sayin’…

While Run comes as much as my third favourite Crouch book behind Wayward Pines and Abandon, these two books happen to be accommodated to tv. And I think Run would make a GREAT picture!

The book follows a household after a supernatural event has induce half of the planet’s population to start stalking and killing everybody else. I do not wish to ruin the novel, but it is remarkable! It is extremely exciting and would adapt so well to the large screen.

Another smart and exciting dark fantasy that would translate well to the large screen. The large opens with the principal character in the middle of the forests dangling from a noose, before he’s chased down with wolves and a mysterious cloud. I mean, just how amazing would the introduction scene in this novel look in a picture? Pretty bad ass if you ask me. Even if just the very first book was completed, it might be a fantastic picture!

Like the aforementioned The Black Tower, Wool really has movie rights sold. Hugh Howey made big news as an independent author when he sold the right for this post-apoclyptic epic thriller into Alien and Gladiator director Ridley Scott. I’m a HUGE Ridley Scott lover. I thought Wool was a very excellent book, but Ridley Scott could allow it to be an amazing film!

Hopefully, he makes the decision to exercise the rights…

So that is my list! You have any wonderful novels you’d love to see made into a film? Comment below!

*This webpage includes affiliate hyperlinks



source http://www.droidsandewoks.com/cease-remaking-films-adapt-these-books-into-movies-instead/

No comments:

Post a Comment